Community of Practice
About this program
Purpose: To support and nurture community development practitioners that DDP has trained as community facilitators, using our connecting communities approach.
Most community facilitators do not have the support to continue their learning, share their best practices and be mentored. So, they begin to change their perception of real community centered development. Without support, chances of a significant shift in how they work in communities are limited.
- Convening community facilitators annually to engage in peer learning and sharing
- Building an archive of best practices and resources that can be shared by the community
- Continue to add innovative new techniques and methods that add value to their work
- Encourage collaboration amongst facilitators to help each other
- Use the services of these facilitators to increase the reach and depth of our work as an organisation