CSO Mentoring and Strengthening Program
About this program
Purpose: To contribute to the development of an effective and united voice of civil society in KwaZulu Natal, through supporting and capacitating the KZN CSO Coalition.
Civil society remains fragmented and has been unable to effectively engage government as partners about the implementation of a transformational development agenda. As a result, the voice of CSOs has been relegated to a few co-opted organisations that often speak on our behalf without a mandate.
- Hosting an annual conference that brings CSOs together to talk about
- Building partnerships between CSOs and government at all levels
- Debate critical policy issues affecting civil society
- Supporting the network of CSOs in the province through providing a space for dialogue and discussion at DDP
- Offering capacity building programmes to strengthen the work of members of the coalition