- Dominance and Decline
- The ANC in the Time of Zuma
- When Nov 29, 2016 from 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM (Africa/Johannesburg / UTC200)
- Where Elangeni Hotel, Durban.
- Attendees Professor at the School of Governance at Wits University Susan Booysen Political Analyst and Research Fellow at the Helen Suzman Foundation Aubrey Matshiqi
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Susan Booysen writes about Zuma’s virtual rule of decimation on the ANC. She takes stock of the eclipse of the new hope that Zuma was supposed to have delivered, and the ANC’s replacement with a narrow Zumaist party. This party was prepared to prioritise the ‘protection of the president’ over the interests of the state. In the time of Zuma, state institutions were subjected to factional interest, while urgent policy matters stalled, the ANC’s electoral fortunes waned, and opposition developed a taste for power.
Join us together with Susan Booysen as she further interrogates the present decline of the ANC in light of the current political climate with Aubrey Matshiqi as a respondent to her presentation.
Date: 29 November 2016
Time: 16:30pm to 19:00pm
Venue: Elangeni Hotel
RSVP: Nonhla Gamede firstname.lastname@example.org before 11 November