ADVANCING COMMUNITY VOICES PROJECT
Funded by the Social Justice Initiative
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Democracy is deepened and strengthened by citizens and because they are subject to the democratic processes and systems in which they operate and live within society, their participation is of critical importance. These systems and policies have a direct impact on their lived experiences and socio-economic and political reality. Therefore, they must be involved actively in influencing decision-making processes where policies are concerned as their voice matters and need to be heard by leaders.
- To mobilize citizens and civil society towards active participation in the 2024 National and Provincial elections as voters and election observers respectively.
- To strengthen civil society’s capabilities of mobilizing each other and their constituencies towards developing a united CSO network, a referral network of sorts of organizations working on elections (voter mobilization and elections observation) in the lead-up to the 2024 elections and beyond.
- To engage strategic duty bearers from different agencies such as the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) and various government departments on policy matters related to election management in KwaZulu Natal and South Africa.
- Capacity-building workshops
- Community transformational dialogues
- Citizen education through radio talk shows
- Citizens’ engagement
Greater Durban / KZN region